25 May 2008

Thrift - The Rise of the Credit Union Warrior

By now, it should be fairly obvious I'll do just about anything to get folks to smile. My latest video was created to do just that. A submission to become a guest speaker at the Trabian/Forum Partnership Symposium, "Thrift - The Rise of the Credit Union Warrior" combines total absurdity with a sincere plea for credit unions to re-dedicate themselves to promoting thrift to their communities.

Many special thanks to Carla Kimel, Eric Stiff, Kayla Lewis, Renee Fisher, and my beautiful wife, Devon, for helping me film this video. I couldn't have looked like an idiot without them! :)

So, without further ado...here's the vid:


Thrift - The Rise of the Credit Union Warrior from Matt Davis on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Tim McApine said...

Awesome job Matt. Great message! I laughed, I cried, I cut up my credit cards. Good luck and hope to see you on the stage.

Anonymous said...

That was an inspiring battle cry for thrift. CU Warrior ... I'll fight with you to the death! (as in on your side, not against you)

Andy said...

Awesome vid Matt. Loved the intro, it was epic :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the video app for the Partnership Symposium. You're setting new standards every day in the CU world.

Towards the end it almost seemed like a political ad, but I dig the message you are pushing. The idea of thrift really is essential to our future financial wellbeing.

Matt, the Credit Union Warrior said...

WOW! Thanks for the comments, gang! Any opportunity I am given to make fun of myself, I proudly take.

@Mike Totally agree about the political ad feel in a segment or two. Wasn't the intention, but definitely gave that vibe. All I needed was hand-shaking and baby kissing. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure who "votes" on this thing.

Thanks for your comments - you guys rock!

John said...

Hi,

I greatly enjoyed looking through your blog and found an informative one for finance related topics.I have also some finance related web sites having more information regarding various financial problems and its solutions.So,I think it would be beneficial for both of us if we will join in a community.If you are interested then please contact me at- johnberts123(at)gmail.com

Thanks
John